Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Bicycle Adventure

A while ago, a friend and I decided that this summer we should take a week and see Nova Scotia, or atleast as much of it as we can, by bike. I've never done a trip such as this, and neither has he, so the prospects seem to be against us. Planning, or at least pondering of what we might like to do, fell by the wayside for the past few months, but I've recently decided to focus on it again. I think that, at worst, it will be something to look forward to as I work my way through the hell that will be my March.

All this is to say, here is a place that I think that I would like to visit. The whole of the southern tip of the Province is really gorgeous, and also suffered tremendous economic distress in the early 90's because of the collapse of the fishery. I'm not sure what its like now, but its not like employment prospects beyond call centres have been very common in the province since then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a friend? why that's me? don't I just rule then.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home