Monday, January 23, 2006

My Secret's out!

It has come to my attention that some people think that they may be getting super-secret strategy from this blog.

Well, I guess the jig is up. People managed to break my secret code of marginally funny observations about Saskatchewan, figuring out that the occasional nerdy science fiction reference was actually elaborate local campaign secrets. I don't want to spoil the fun for everyone else, so I won't break the code online. I'll leave the rest to tilt at windmills to figure out the elaborate algorithim: but be warned, it'll take more than just a basic understanding of Text Twist and easy access to a Crackerjack decoder ring. To be fair, since not everyone has several networked supercomputers like the local Conservative campaign seems to, I'll give a hint: when I write in palindrome, it is important. A toyota.

You see, up to now, I have written about how I was helping my candidate make contact with voters through a variety of means: pamphlets, newspaper ads, telepresence, you know, the usual. We've also tried to "identify" our vote through a combination of telephoning and door to door canvassing. These are remarkably innovative local strategies, and I probably should have guessed that I had been caught when I heard about other campaigns in entirely different regions using them. And here is an extra special tip: We are going to try to make sure that those identified voters get out to the polls and vote.

Anyway, to my mystery Conservative friend, thanks for the drink. I'm glad that I was able to provide you such useful information.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Someone's playing you - there's no way they could blow up that photo and read your handwriting.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for talking with you Mike, Carleton-Mississippi Mills would have never gone Conservative. Nobody at the office ever thought about getting supporters out to vote till I mentioned that the Liberals in Regina were doing it. Thanks for helping us win!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home