Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas time

I flew home last night on Air Canada, which went as well as any airline flight could have gone. The downside, ofcourse, was that I flew out of Regina, which seems to have shops open only at those times when people don't actually fly, foiling my plans to buy a copy of Collapse by Jared Diamond. What's worse is that there was no inflight entertainment, despite the sticker on the seat ahead of me helpfully informing me that soon I will have control of my own TV. Fortuneatly, I have an iPod, and it has solitaire.

Without going into great details, I've come to realize over the past couple of months that family is more important than you can possibly think, and I hope that everyone spent today with people that they care about, or, if not, that they spent today doing something that they wanted to do and will be happy about for the rest of their lives.

But this is all a round about, and probably way too bittersweet, way of wishing the dozen or so people that read this blog a merry christmas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike, Merry Christmas, happy new year and all the best in part 2 of the campaign.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too Mike!

Your next tour of duty in the prairies will be even better...I guarentee! :-)

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home