Friday, December 02, 2005

A Mostly Tedious Day

Another day, another conservative policy announcement. I don't really want to talk a lot about politics on this blog, as I think that is being done more than adequately in the actual media and various partisan (and not-so-partisan) aggregators. However, I think that it is really interesting that the conservatives are making so many announcements now, whereas the other parties are virtually silent. I'm not particularly concerned about anything that has come up so far, as it seems that they are either internally contradicted by party members (such as the parliamentary prosecutor) or just different ways of implementing a similar liberal policy.

Anyway, as to my adventures. Yesterday was pretty quiet, as will today be. I finally got my phone taken care of (and those that want the number are welcome to email me), and went to lunch and at the aptly named "Saskatoon Asian" restaurant. The rest of the day was spent going over press reference for the incumbent conservative candidate, 300 pages worth of them, to see if anything juicey was said. While it is pretty clear that he is opposed to same sex marriage, and there is a whole lot of material that would annoy an electorage composed entirely of my ideological clones, it will be interesting to see what we can find that'll work in partly rural Saskatchewan.

I've also finally sorted out the details for my Regina sojourn, and it looks like I will be playing more or less the role that I wanted on the campaign, which is good. It also looks like I'll be heading back to Ottawa for about a week around Christmas, arriving around the 23rd and leaving about a week later. For those that are making their way west between then and now, be sure to drop me a line and perhaps we can get in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home