Saturday, November 26, 2005

North Bay: Gateway to the Boring Parts of Ontario

We left a bit late today, and so only made it as far as North Bay, population 56,000. A town, whose motto, as defined by their highway sign, is the "Gateway to Opportunity". I can only assume that Opportunity is somewhere between here and Sault Ste. Marie, possibly in Lake Superior.

Tomorrow we make for Thunder Bay. ab0ut 1100 kilometers from here. Google says it will take 18 hours, but I think that 12 hours (driving) is more realistic. I am not an expert on Northern Ontario, but I suspect that rocks and trees will be in abundance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you're going to be passing by some amazing provincial parks!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought North Bay is like Dartmouth minus the Halifax.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay North Bay! Also yay for rocks.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home